canadianfriar

Sunday, January 14, 2007

'search for happyness', B-

i took a day off from studying and went shopping. yesterday, in italy, the 'boxing day' sale started. for some reason (i think it is law), a store cant have a post-christmas sale until mid-january (this year, jan 13th). i went out looking to see if there was anything good, but didnt find anything. the sales last for 2 weeks. i think i will find better+less expensive stuff at the end of the sale. after, i had a craving for a cigar so i bought a "romeo and juliet", sat on the spanish steps, lit it up and really enjoyed it. i thought of the time when my buddies came to italy two years ago, sat on the spanish steps and smoked a cigar at 10pm (hi frank / netta). while smoking, i also called up my cousin in milan, chatted, and when the cigar finished, i went to see 'search for happyness' with phil and peter. it was a very nice rags-to-riches story, but very slow. it stars will smith and the son in the movie is will's real son. the chemistry between the two was great.

1 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOW COOL!!!!!
I really didn't know it, you're probably wondering what I did not know. that you went for some nice shopping on sale but you ended doing "window shopping" as I've always done not since I'm a friar but since I'd left home and went to England; when I was still able to dream that I would have conquered the world, saved millions of people studying International law and working for the International Red Cross; the time when I had a very good part-time job, the time when I had to share home with the strangest people I've ever met (sorry Rubina, yet I doubt you'll ever end up in reading Jack's blog) the time when...what the hell was I talking about?
Anyhow see you soon mate! I'll put the rest of the story on my own blog as I have hardly ever anything to say, but you have inspired me now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home