canadianfriar

Saturday, February 17, 2007

picked up a couple of chickies at st. peters square...

actually, the one to my left is my cousin from campobasso, Vittoria. her friend, Mariella, is to my right. we got together yesterday afternoon and i gave them a tour of st peters. unfortunately, i had to be back by 6 so we only spend a few hours together. she gets back to campobasso tomorrow at 5 and i leave campobasso tomorrow at 7:30. its kind of funny that she comes to rome the same time i go to campobasso.
funny thing just happened writing this blog, i got a message on my phone saying that a cousin in campobasso gave birth to her first-born, Luigi. so congratulations to Michele + Antonella di Bartolomeo. i hope i get to see them when i go tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My family is also from Campobasso, dating back at least 500 years. I'm curious as to your campobassani surnames. Perhaps there is a connection. I have been there several times and love the comune and the surrounding area. How about you?

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Rashfriar said...

Pace e Bene! My grandfather is from Molise, near Campobasso: the village of San Polomatese. So, hello paisano! God bless you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home